Next up answering 20 Questions is Lauren Fleshman!
Lauren is an American Pro Athlete with Oiselle. A competitor on the world stage, Lauren is a Two-time USA Outdoor 5,000m champion, a Three-time NCAA 5,000m Outdoor Champion and a 15-time NCAA All-American.
Plus to top it off, she’s also a Mum to boot.
Check out Lauren’s answers below!
- Who was your inspiration in running growing up? Paula Radcliffe and Deena Kastor
- Favourite Place to Run? Bend, OR on the Deschutes River Trail
- What is your greatest achievement, running or otherwise? Building my family. In running, finishing 7th in the World in 2011 in the 5k.
- Do you have any pre-race superstitions? My whole race day is scheduled to a tee, and I’m not a scheduled person!
- What’s the one piece of advice you would give to a novice runner? More isn’t always better.
- How long have you been running? 20 years.
- Best running memory? Mall of college with my Stanford teammates.
- Favourite/Least Favourite distance? Favorite 5k. Least favorite 800.
- What shoes do you run in? I run in lots of different shoes. Neutral fairly light weight trainers.
- What’s your next aim? Reach a world standard in the 5k.
- Favourite time of the day to run? 10am
- Favourite/ Least Favourite thing about been a runner? Favourite is the release. Least favourite is an injury.
- If you weren’t a runner, what would you be doing? Writing young adult fiction books.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter (follow Lauren @laurenfleshman)
- Instagram or Pinterest? Instagram (follow Lauren @fleshmanflyer)
- What’s playing on your iPod before a race? Alt-J
- What’s in your Netflix queue? Kill Bill
- Last Book you read? Wool Omnibus
- If you could be anywhere else in the world right now, where would you be? Swiss Alps with Jesse
- Words to Live by? When you realise failing doesn’t make you a failure, you give yourself permission to try all sorts of things.